Tuesday, June 9, 2009

7 Month Doctor Appointment

So for the 7 month doctor appointment, they did the regular routine of weighing me, checking my blood pressure, taking a urine sample, and pricking my finger. When I got off the scale the lady said, "Let's do that one more time.." I was like great, it's so much she can't even believe it. I got back on and she said, "Yep that was right.." I had gained 7 pounds since last month's visit. She politely said, "Well it has been a full month." That's my record so far. Between months I had been losing a pound, gaining a pound, gaining 2 pounds, gaining one pound, I gained 5 pounds one month, another 2 pounds or so, and then BAM 7 pounds. Then they gave me a glass of this orange flavored super sweet drink that I had to drink up. After that I had to wait one full hour in the waiting room (Justin came to keep me company) because after the hour they were going to test my blood for gestational diabetes. Thank God I passed it! He said I easily passed it and other women would probably kill for the extra points I had remaining.. so that was good. We all know I am terrible with needle poking and blood so if I would have had gestational diabetes and had to poke myself 7-8 times a day it would not have been good!! Then we listened to the baby's heartbeat which is getting a lot louder now and Dr. Zivney measured my belly height which was good too. He told us we needed to choose a pediatrician and go ahead and pre-register at the hospital. I will go back in four weeks for my 8 month appointment (June 30th), and then every 2 weeks for a month, and then every week for the final month!

1 comment:

  1. Yippy! Not long to go now!! You better start finializing that name!!!

    ReplyDelete