Sunday, July 19, 2009

It Was Hard Work!

This seems like a very long time ago when Justin first started painting the walls pink!


When he finished with that we put stinky notes all over the walls where we wanted flowers to be.

I painted the green swirl/vine on the wall.

Then my dad cut and put up the railing to go around the room.

The sanded and painted that white and the painted lower part of the wall brown.



my mom below

I found this scrapbook paper at Hobby Lobby before I was even pregnant and bought it because I loved the colors and flowers and knew I wanted to do a baby girl's nursery like it.

I traced the rim of a cup for the circles and cut out a petal from poster board, alternating it around the circles to make flower petals. It took a lot of patience! I also used the paper to cover picture frames and her name will be covered in this paper and placed on top of the hutch.

The last touch was painting the scripture above the crib. It took us awhile to decide which scripture or saying to use but I think we chose a good one!

Lots of work but worth it!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love it! Your little girl is so lucky and will know how special she is! You are so talented, so I'm going to need you to come and help with my baby's room when that time comes. Ok? :)

    ReplyDelete